He was born in Jamaica, in Montego Bay. Ended up in New York City at the age of nine, where he was confronted with the harsh realities of big city life. His ffirst musical experience was with the school choir of Public School 269 in Brooklyn, with which he ended up singing in the front of The Golden Statue of Prometheus at Rockefeller Center. From that day his dreams of being a singer started to play out. Unfortunately, in his teenage years the pressures the street life proved to be conflicting with his family life, and so he went on his own at the tender age of 15.
For the next 10 years Patman would experience ffirsthand what it means to be streetwise. He was exposed to drugs, crime, violence, homelessness and still survived. The one thing that stuck with him through this period was the sound of the time: Rap & RnB. And so it would become his favorite pastime to rap at parties in parks or clubs, or to write soulful love songs for his ffirst wife.
His desire for a better life led him back to school to get a higher education. Surprisingly to many, he was a very disciplined and dedicated student to the point that he even maintained an A- average throughout his university education; majoring in Psychology & Philosophy.
One professor wrote:
„He`s a fantastic student easily capable of doing well at any college in the nation. I am certain that Patrick will suceed in just about any ffield.“
Richard Lindemann, Prof. Skidmore College.
During this period Patman encountered a painter and philosopher named Edward Abdu, who inspired him to experiment with his artistic side. Since then he didn`t stop painting.
After parting with his ffirst wife he unfortunately left school and returned to Jamaica, where he began to work in tourism as an entertainment coordinator. This was the platform he used to experiment with his music and lyrics, as he proved to be so versatile he received several opportunities;
- He was featured as a singer/songwriter on Karen Smith`s debut album (No.1 Female Jazz Singer in the Carribean)
- modelled with former Miss World Ashwari Rai (from India) at the Miss World Beauty Pageant in Kingston, Jamaica
- worked with the Jamaica Tourist Board Montego Bay on pratically all their Spring Break Programs since 1991
- sang and rapped for Reggae Summerfeast for several yearss Festival.
- Between 1993-96 Patman was featured in two Hollywood films;
"How Stella got her groove back" & "Cool Runnings"
During this time Patman never failed to perfom or record his own music whenever he had the chance. Even though there was much appreciation and respect for his talent, he soon realised that his mixed styled music was a little ahead of its time. Eventually he decided to accept an invitation to visit Europe on vacation. Ironically on his arrival, he ended up meeting Max Posh, former founder of Sound Design and Producer of Fashion TV, who gave him a 3 year recording contract.
Here are only some of the achievements he has accomplished since being here in Austria:
- Performed at CCA(CreativeClubAustria) March 2000 for the Appointment of the Honorary Consul of Jamaica
- Sept. 2000 Released Compilation with SoundDesign
- 2000 Recorded and released "Somebody Say" on I-Wolf`s Soul Strata Debut Album
- Coordinated ffirst FashionTV Party
- Recorded "Socialised" and released w/Baby Dooks&Bizzo for album Radio Fanfara, Croatia
- Recorded "Willst du die berge sehen" w/Klaus Biedermann for ApreSki Hits `04
- Released "Changes" on Vienna Scientists Compilation Vol. 4
- Performed "Heartbreaker" on Alhaca Soundsystem Germany
- Performed on ProSieben`s ApreSki HitParade
- Performed with Sven Vath at Biosphere 2003
- Resident MC for ClubExessive 2002-5 & Club Hochriegl 2006-7
- Performed 10cent KlaxMax Commercial for T-Mobile
- Performed 2 songs on the T-Mobile Christmas Album 2005
- Performed for LaMode Fashion Show 2005
- Resident MC for Pasha Clubbing Vienna 2005
- Performed for AlmrauschParty/Kitzbuehel 2006
- Performed at Rich Proseco Beach Party Launch in Palma De Mallorca with Paris Hilton and Fatman Scoop and Boy George
- Performed Radio Commercials for Noemix Yogurt Austria, and XXXLutz Germany
- Performed with The Shalom Jewish Band
- Performed at parties for T-Mobile, Radio Energy, DocLX, K47 Restaurant, Luxury Please Gmbh, TischSieben Werbeagentur, FashionTV, BigSmiles Prod.,CDM Prod., MashClub, RTL 2, Afrodisiac Clubbings etc.
- Performed at ALL MAJOR VENUES in Vienna and countrywide in Austria